I know I have people following me who doesn't understand Norwegian - so I thought I would do a post on here in English as well. It's something so important as well, and I think you should read it no matter what language you speak. I want to talk about self-love. About loving yourself. Loving yourself when you're all alone. Loving yourself without makeup. Loving yourself because you're unique and you're you.
We all have insecurities, and when having the type of anxiety I used to have - it was more centered around other people. It is so frustrating being inside your head - and having confidence and self-love, but the second you get out in situations where you feel unsafe, all of that disappears. It used to take a second and I felt like I was robbed of everything I had when I was by myself.
So what happened? How did I push myself enough to have the same feelings about myself no matter who I'm surrounded by? How did I go from being the quiet one who only wanted to be invisible, to someone who loves herself and respect herself?
By being surrounded by my mom growing up I learned to love myself from an early age. I knew my worth and I knew I always had the right to my own opinions. I learned that my voice and dreams was just as important as anyone elses. This could unfortunately never have "saved" me from my anxiety disorder. I had to go through it, but I always had what my mom taught me in the back of my mind.
When I managed to fight the anxiety I was struggling with, and realised what I actually could do - everything changed. I took my confidence outside of home, I started speaking up and I wanted people to hear me. I'm always thinking - you only have this one life, why would you ever waste it by worrying about what other people would say or mean or think about you?! Every single one of us is going to be gone one day, and how will they opinions about you matter then, or ever? Why should it stop you from doing or saying what you want? You need to live your life to the fullest, and it always starts with loving yourself - before anything.
I know there's so many struggling with this every day - so I wanted to write down some things you might find helpful <3
* Write down the things you like about yourself. You can even ask your closest what they appreciate and love about you.
* Always remember you only have this one life to share your opinions, stand up for yourself and make a change.
* If someone doesn't like you? Know that they have their own problems and there's always a reason for something - they are probably struggling with themselves and it really is sad how that's the only way they can make themselves feel better. Know it's not worth any of your attention. Focus on you and your life. They are the ones wasting time.
* You are UNIQUE and no one is like you!
* Find a hobby. Maybe you're wondering how this will help with self-love? If you spend day by day looking at people and what they are doing with their lives - you won't feel good about yourself. Pursue something! Do something for yourself, and get good at it - or even just improve. You are capable of so many great things. Do it for yourself and no one else.
* STOP COMPARING YOURSELF! I know people do this every single day. Why do you want to look like someone else?! You are so special. There's so many inspiring people out there and I get inspired every day, but I would never wanna be them. The world already has one of him or her - I wanna be me because no one else has that. You should own it - it's so amazing.
Be good, do good - and love yourself.